Baylor Scott & White Junior Program
High School Volunteer Program
The Baylor Scott & White High School Volunteer Program is a 10-week program open to students at least 16 years old. 18-year-olds still in high school will need to apply through the High School Program. Please see below for more details and information regarding the application process.
High School Program Requirements
The following are requirements that apply to every High School Volunteer.
If you do not feel that you are able to meet each and every one of these requirements, please reconsider taking on this commitment.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicants will be required to have a drug screening (If under 18 years of age, a parent must be present for the drug screen testing)
- Applicants must be available a minimum of one day a week to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to volunteering on their scheduled day for the duration of the session.
- Attendance is crucial to the success of the program and volunteers must commit to their weekly shift and remember to sign in and out.
- Frequent absences may result in disqualification from the program and no credit received for hours provided.
- Applicants must agree to comply with a dress code. No shorts, jeans or flip flops are allowed.
- Provide immunization records for our files.
- Provide two-step TB test or T-Spot for our files
- Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation session.
- 18 year old high school students will be required to pass The Baylor Scott & White background check.
Application Instructions for High School Students
- You will be required to have a drug and nicotine screening. Upon acceptance into the program you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your drug and nicotine screening. You will be required to show your ID. If you are under the age of 18 a parent must present during testing. Make sure to take this test well before the start of the program.
- You will be required to have a background check performed.
- Applications forms for the 2019 Summer Program should be submitted no later than March 31, 2019. The Volunteer Department will complete the selection process in April and contact you with available opportunities.
- All volunteers must attend Baylor Scott & White orientation.
For questions about volunteering please contact: 512.654.5073.